Wed, July 4, 20189:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Celebrate the July 4th holiday in our backyard with a day of games, demonstrations, special exhibits, music, and food. The Wundo Band will perform from 12:00 – 4:00 pm.
Exhibits, activities and Music are free, discounted mine tours and train rides (free for members).
- Play 19th century games such as hoop rolling, jacks, horseshoes, graces (a unique game of catch), sack races, soap bubbles, and stilts
- Complete a fun museum scavenger hunt.
- Witness special demonstrations of mechanical music boxes, gramophones, and a foot-powered jig saw.
- Check out the display of cars by the Southwestern Wisconsin Auto Club.
- Local collectors will show antique tractors and demonstrate hit and miss engines. You can see how these handy little machines helped farmers shell and grind corn and pump water.
- The Platteville Music Boosters will be sponsoring a food stand offering brats, hot dogs, snow cones, ice cream and more.
- The Rountree Art Gallery will feature offer an art project.
- The 5K Walk/Run and the Youth Walk/Run begins in front of the museum with registration at 7:30 and an 8:00 start.
- Listen to the music of The Wundo Band performing (from 12:00 until 4:00)